Rantizo is always looking for skilled agricultural technology enthusiasts to join our rapidly growing team. Find the latest Rantizo job opportunities here.
Drone Support Technician
Rantizo is a drone spraying company based in Iowa City, IA that uses drones to apply needed chemicals for sanitization and agriculture. Rantizo is the first company certified in multiple states to Fly & Apply® and has operations in a dozen states. We are expanding nationwide and hiring Drone Support Technician to support customers in agriculture and sanitization. The Drone Support Technician is responsible for learning to fly in a safe and legal manner after training with Rantizo and supporting customers who are applying in field. A good candidate will have excellent communication skills, experience with drones and familiarity with agriculture.
Rantizo has won multiple startup pitch competitions and has received media coverage from Forbes and 60 Minutes as well as local news outlets and numerous industry publications.
This video shows a Rantizo drone working in a field. This video shows a Rantizo drone working inside a stadium, providing sanitization services. An experienced drone pilot with a 107 license is needed, with a strong preference to those with experience in agricultural spraying and an aerial pesticide applicator’s license (or the willingness to obtain).
· Provide customer support to contractors offering sanitization and pesticide application services via drone
· Provide demonstrations to new customers for sanitization and pesticide application
· Communicate technical and agronomic constraints and opportunities within the product team
· Build, fly, and maintain drones and their components
Skills and qualifications
· Strong communication skills
· Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
· Current pesticide applicator’s license or willingness to obtain
· Understanding of sanitization, agronomy and crop care practices
· Familiarity with all laws and regulations governing aerial pesticide application or willingness to learn
· Comprehend basic measurements and calculations for calibration
· Able to work with minimum supervision and at odd hours during peak season
· Ability to travel to meeting locations or customers
· Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities
· Maintain positive communication with Chief Supervisor, customers, and the general public
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Successfully complete a background check
· Be insurable under business product and liability policies
· Be eligible to legally work in the United States
· Possess Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, and six months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates with a High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
· Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Occasionally (less than 1/3 of the job), Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the job), Continually (more than 2/3 of the job)
· Continually required to stand, to walk, required to utilize hand and finger dexterity, required to talk or hear, exposure to outside weather conditions
· Frequently required to sit, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
· Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl, to taste or smell
· While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet
· The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 75 pounds / frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The applicator can be paid hourly or on salary, with an expected range of $35,000-45,000 annually. Rantizo offers benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit a resume and cover letter to apply.