Rantizo is always looking for skilled agricultural technology enthusiasts to join our rapidly growing team. Find the latest Rantizo job opportunities here.
Rantizo is a venture-backed agtech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses drones to apply needed chemicals, seeds and other inputs for agriculture. Rantizo currently operates in 18 states and is actively expanding based on market feedback and customer data.
Rantizo seeks a Strategy Manager to analyze and prioritize business opportunities, creating actionable plans, evaluate explore and develop business cases for strategic partnerships, and manage implementation of priority plans. The individual will be a strong communicator, potentially with a background in consulting and agriculture, skilled in developing business models in Excel and writing compelling and cogent PowerPoint slides that lead to effective decision making. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Rantizo is the leader in aerial drone applications, has received numerous accolades and media coverage from Forbes and 60 Minutes, and is the first company:
- Certified in multiple states to Fly & Apply®
- Permitted by the FAA for multiple drone swarms
- To pollinate corn by drone.
What You’ll be Doing
- Identifying and managing strategic business opportunities for Rantizo
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders using exceptional verbal and written communications
- Gathering, validating and communicating business intelligence
- Working closely with CEO, COO and CTO to understand strategic opportunities in the business
- Developing business cases with associated financial models to quantify business opportunities in areas ranging from new investments to partnerships
- Creating visually compelling slides in PowerPoint to communicate the value of business opportunities inside and outside of Rantizo.
- Managing priority projects and strategic initiatives on behalf of CEO including the strategic prioritization of competing opportunities
- Develop metrics to assess business performance
- Develop strategies and action plans to execute outcome-based pricing
What We Need to See
- Undergraduate degree with 3.5+ GPA, MBA is an advantage
- 2-7 years work experience
- Strong analytical skills with mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication skills
- Respond promptly and clearly via email
- Resourceful in gathering information to justify a business case
- Deliver presentations, with and without PowerPoint
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- Highly adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the organization
- Ability to hold and understand several complex ideas simultaneously across business opportunities and partnership
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an insatiable interest in cutting-edge technologies
- Eager to identify and cement new business relationships
- Highly organized
- Schedule calls and meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work across teams
- Knowledge of agriculture and deal structure
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done with a smile (even if it’s not your favorite thing to do)
Ways to Stand Out from Other Candidates
- Experience in a consultancy and/ or agriculture is strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel ~25% (COVID permitting) as required to the field to learn about, deploy, and maintain technologies
- Relocation to Iowa City preferred, though could be remote within ~4 hour drive of Iowa City (e.g., Chicago, St Louis, Omaha, Twin Cities, etc.)
Rantizo is the leader in aerial drone applications, with numerous start-up accolades and media coverage from Forbes and 60 Minutes. Rantizo is growing rapidly and recently completed a $7.5m series A round of fundraising led by Bayer and including top tier agtech venture capital groups and strategic partners.
We strive to provide a friendly work environment where our team members are encouraged to utilize their unique skillsets and experiences to enhance communication and productivity. Our goal is to support each team member in a manner to allow them to excel in their area of responsibility and grow into new areas given their personal goals and level of interest.
The Rantizo team offers compensation commensurate to experience at competitive levels in relevant industries. Compensation for this role is expected to be in the $100-125k range plus benefits.
Rantizo offers excellent benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Plan, Group Term Life, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Discounts.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.