Rantizo is always looking for skilled agricultural technology enthusiasts to join our rapidly growing team. Find the latest Rantizo job opportunities here.
Senior Backend Developer
Rantizo is a venture-backed AgTech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses UAVs to apply liquid and dry inputs for agricultural purposes. Rantizo currently operates in 18 states and is actively expanding based on market feedback and customer data.
Rantizo is building a mobile app and web-based platform to service our network of aerial applicators and their customers using an ultramodern technology stack. Features of this platform include job scheduling, resource management, time keeping, billing/payments, Bluetooth-based interaction with equipment, management of geospatial data, and much more.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Node.js developer.
What You’ll be Doing
- Design, develop/code, and unit test
- Core software components including essential business logic and data access
- Internal and external facing API’s
- Integrations with 3rd party components
- Accounting, inventory, billing, time keeping
- Geospatial data providers
- Sales/Marketing/Social media
- Enhance and expand existing data model to meet new and changing requirements
- Work with internal team members and external contractors to
- Develop code artifacts given requirements
- Clarify and assist with documenting detailed requirements as needed
- Perform unit testing and assist with functional testing and bug fixes
- Assist DevOps with build and release processes
- Serve as deep support for high priority outages and related events
What We Need to See
- BS or MS in computer science or relevant equivalent experience
- 5+ years working experience on server-side based development
- Demonstrated software development skills with Node.js or similar language(s)
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and ability to deliver effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to implement appropriate technology stacks and frameworks in development life cycle and provide constructive feedback on application architecture
Ways to Stand Out from Other Candidates
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite such as Jira and BitBucket
- Experience with Firebase and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Quickbooks online, SOS inventory, and HubSpot
- Experience with geospatial data storage, querying, and processing
Rantizo is the leader in aerial drone applications, with numerous start-up accolades and media coverage from Forbes and 60 Minutes. Rantizo is growing rapidly and recently completed a $7.5m series A round of fundraising led by Bayer and including top tier AgTech venture capital groups and strategic partners.
We strive to provide a friendly work environment where our team members are encouraged to utilize their unique skillsets and experiences to enhance communication and productivity. Our goal is to support each team member in a manner to allow them to excel in their area of responsibility and grow into new areas given their personal goals and level of interest.
The Rantizo team offers compensation commensurate to experience at competitive levels in relevant industries.
Rantizo offers excellent benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Plan, Group Term Life, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Discounts.
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.