Rantizo is always looking for skilled agricultural technology enthusiasts to join our rapidly growing team. Find the latest Rantizo job opportunities here.
Chief Operating Officer
Rantizo is a venture-backed agtech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses drones to apply needed chemicals, seeds and other inputs for agriculture. Rantizo operates in over a dozen states.
We are hiring a Chief Operating Officer to establish repeatable service delivery process for aerial drone-based agricultural applications and build up an internal corporate team during a period of rapid growth. A strong candidate will have a track record of managing complex operations, excellent communication skills, experience establishing robust business processes and the ability to quickly come to understand drones and agriculture (if not already familiar).
Rantizo is a leader in aerial drone applications, has received numerous start-up accolades and media coverage from Forbes and 60 Minutes, and is the first company:
- Certified in multiple states to Fly & Apply®
- Permitted by the FAA for multiple drone swarms
- To pollinate corn by drone.
- Field operations
- Build and manage a team that establishes a repeatable service delivery model for network of contractors to deliver drone-based agricultural applications
- Devise metrics and KPIs to quantify relevant statistics
- Establish franchise operation protocols for independent contractors (e.g., contractor drone application flights are easy to schedule, contractors deliver service per expectations, automated billing, grower-facing service reports)
- Oversee customer success to provide feedback to product team in developing software applications to support service delivery
- Manage sales team to expand franchise-like network of drone contractors
- Set and achieve sales targets
- Corporate operations
- Strengthen internal processes to seamlessly support expanding business operations
- Oversee all day-to-day business operations including sales and finance, flight operations, customer success, finance and accounting, human resources and supply chain
- Planning and budgeting
- Contribute to an executive team in setting financial and performance targets
- Deliver against financial and performance targets
- Lead annual budgeting process and contribute to longer-term strategic planning
- 10-20 years of experience managing increasing responsibility managing a complex set of business operations and putting repeatable processes in place
- Experience building lean, high performing and empowered teams
- Be passionate about improving agriculture for the better by delivering value that matters to farmers
- Demonstrated ability to sustainably grow sales
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Open mind and interest in learning (especially if agriculture is unfamiliar)
- Degree in business, engineering or MBA, with agricultural experience preferred
Any of the following are a decided advantage
- Willing to relocate to Iowa City
- Experience in agriculture
- Experience with franchise operations
Pay will be offered commensurate with experience and position requirements. Rantizo offers excellent benefits including, healthcare, vision, dental and retirement. Relocation assistance can be available as needed.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.